- Mirren is a truly, proudly South African company with 33 years of experience, having been in operation since 1983.
- As a producer of branded OTCs, the business has grown by 75 to 80% over the past 5 years.
- The majority of the product range is locally produced under the guidance of our dedicated team of professionals.
- The range of products produced include a variety of dosage forms namely; oral solid (conventional tablets, sugar or film coated tablets, effervescent tablets), liquids (syrups and solutions), granules and powders and speciality creams.
- Mirren currently spans four separate sites that are all located along Golden Drive in Benoni, Gauteng. These sites include a production facility, a warehousing/storage unit, a laboratory and a sales and marketing office.
- Mirren adheres to Medicines Control Council’s (MCC) standards. The regulatory authority conducts inspections at its production site in accordance with the global PIC/S standard, while Mirren does comprehensive quality control and regulatory handling of data for registration of medicines in South Africa.
Mirren is invested and involved in manufacturing quality pharmaceutical products.
- It is Mirren’s vision to provide affordable and effective quality healthcare products that are accessible to everyone.
- A huge part of Mirren’s success is its proudly South African focus, and as a local manufacturer, Mirren chooses to buy local and makes use of local services to create jobs. Local suppliers are used for raw materials, ingredients, packaging components and printing.
- Mirren focuses on trusted products that offer clear clinical value to doctors, pharmacists and patients.
- Mirren’s successfully promoted brands encompass the therapeutic areas of colds and flu, vitamins and minerals, gastrointestinal discomfort, pain and disease management.
- With new leadership, a new strategy has been implemented which is geared towards ensuring a sustainable future growth which includes stabilising Mirren from a capacity and quality or GMP point of view as well as future line extensions.
- Mirren also has distribution agreements with three multinationals to import pharmaceutical products and manufacturers some products for customers on a third party basis. This is where Mirren is placing great emphasis for growth and development, ensuring it has the capability to meet current and potential customers’ needs.
- Mirren is particularly targeting customers in the complementary and alternative medicines (CAMs) market, without losing focus on the orthodox pharmaceutical industry.
- Mirren is extremely innovative within this space and has the expertise to make a huge impact as a contract manufacturer of these types of products.
It is Mirren’s desire to continue to deliver quality products to both clients and consumers.
In our approach to the market we value health care professionals and ensure that the appropriate clinical benefits of the products are relayed to the patients.
Key values to Mirren:
- Quality and Excellence
- Integrity and Pride
- Determination and Passion
- Growth and Learning
Andrew King - CEO
Mohammed Pillay - Procurement Manager
Hein Adonis - Engineering Manager
Thomas McInnes - Quality Assurance Manager
Janine Naude - Head of Regulatory Compliance
Imtiaz Hoosen - Operations Director and Responsible Pharmacist
Gary van der Ham - National Sales Manager